Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences
A Shimoga Institute of Medical science popularly known as SIMS was established in the year 2005. The college is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The annual intake of students for UG course is 100. Shimoga Institute of Medical Science is one of the autonomous institutes of the Government of Karnataka and it is located on the B.H. Road. It is the only Medical College located in the Shimoga city.
- The candidates aiming to get a MBBS degree should have passed +2 or 2nd PUC or an equivalent exam recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age on the December 31st on the year of admission.
- The candidates seeking an admission in PG courses should take up entrance exams and score qualifying marks in it.
- The admissions are based on the mark obtained in the entrance exams conducted at state level or national level.
- MD Anatomy
- MD Microbiology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Physiology
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Preventive & Social Medicine
Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences fee structure is in accordance with the University norms and it is affordable. The admission for the Shimoga Institute of Medical Science is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exams. So, it is prudent to have a help of PG Medical Subject Specialist to know about the various entrance exams and the way to clear it.
- Placement cell
- Computer Lab
- Recreation and Sports facilities
|College Name||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences|
|College Address||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Sagar Road, Shimoga – 577 201|
|Email ID of the Managementemail@example.com|
|Nearest Airport||188 kms [Managlore International Airport]|
|Nearest Railway Station||51 kms[Birur Junction]|
|Number of MBBS Seats Admission in 2011||100|
|a. Qualifying Exams||CETK|
|Number of PG Seats Admission in 2011||10|
|a. Qualifying exams||CETK|
|Medical College Hospital Indicators per Day|
|a. OPD Attendance||8/9|
|d. Bed Occupancy||92%|
|i. No. of Major Surgical Operations||20|
|ii. No. of Minor Surgical Operations||8|
|i. No. of Normal Deliveries||14|
|ii. No. of Caesarian Sections||9|
Source : www.mciindia.org
Last Updated : Feb'2011